cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract specific key/value in a problem detail and display it in cutomised email Body

faridelmouhsine
Visitor

Hi Dynatrace Community,

I have created an SLO that triggers custom alerts

When the event occurs it generates a problem that I can query using API V2 with bellow details :

Is there a possibility that I can extract any of the key/values in problem details and display it in custom email body and send notification ?

In my situation I need to extract  "key": "dt.davis.analysis_time_budget" and display it in email body.
The builting placeholders do not allow me to solve this situation.

Thank you in advance.
Best Regards
Farid

"data": {          "eventId": "5613985181028457511_1707653400000",          "startTime": 1707653400000,          "endTime": 1707658440000,          "eventType": "CUSTOM_ALERT",          "title": "slo_dtd_inactivity",          "entityId": {            "entityId": {              "id": "SERVICE_METHOD-E490FAD90B5A25FE",              "type": "SERVICE_METHOD"
            },
            "name": "migrate"
          },
          "properties": [            {
              "key": "dt.davis.analysis_time_budget",              "value": "0"
            },
            {
              "key": "dt.davis.analysis_trigger_delay",              "value": "3600"
            },
            {
              "key": "dt.event.allow_davis_merge",              "value": "false"
            },
            {
              "key": "dt.event.allow_frequent_issue_detection",              "value": "false"
            },

{
              "key": "dt.event.disable_davis_merge_reason",              "value": "Set by event reporter"
            },
            {
              "key": "dt.event.group_label",              "value": "Custom alert"
            },
            {
              "key": "dt.event.impact_level",              "value": "Services"
            },
            {
              "key": "dt.event.is_rootcause_relevant",              "value": "true"
            },
            {
              "key": "dt.event.metric_selector",              "value": "(func:slo.slo_dtd_inactivity_migration_postpaid_prepaid):filter(eq(\"dt.entity.service_method\",SERVICE_METHOD-E490FAD90B5A25FE))"
            },
            {
              "key": "dt.event.metric_threshold",              "value": "8.0"

2 REPLIES 2

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I would say Workflows is the answer for this specific scenario.

You can start with a problem trigger
https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/workflows-event-trigger#davis-problem-trigger

From here you can extract whatever information you need a use the new MS365 integration

https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/automation-workflows-microsoft365 

Thank you PacoPorro for your answer, I will explore the scenarios you provided and keep you updated.

Best Regards

Farid

Featured Posts