cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process csc.exe restarted ?

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I'm seeing in a particular case a lot of events on Windows IIS machines with the message:

Process csc.exe restarted

CSC is the C# compiler, so something is going on. Not sure, but probably associated with app pool recycles/restarts. Has anyone had any close encounter with this CSC, or have any idea what it might be doing in production environments, or still, how to analyze it further with Dynatrace?

Antonio Sousa
5 REPLIES 5

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@Antonio S. this is new to me, I'll keep an eye out if i see anyone else had a similar issue,

-Chad

bgachie
Newcomer

CSC is restarted each time it needs to compile a .NET DLL. 
So it should happen often when the server has just been started, and sometimes when a new (not yet called) endpoint is triggered.

Yes, I understand those cases, although I do not see them those often in the circumstances that you mention . This has been a mystery to me for some time...

Antonio Sousa

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hm... maybe this process should be actually ignored by Dynatrace. Have you talked about this in help chat?

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

It's quite helpful, as it is associated with slow response times that I see in certain environments. Just have to figure out why they are running 😉

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts