cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting Baseline (During Dynatrace Testing)

Larry_S
Helper

I am still in the Dynatrace Alert and Problem testing, in our non-prod Dynatrace environment and I have run into issues where Dynatrace has stopped triggering Problems and I believe it is due to "Frequent issue:
Error event" occurring within Dynatrace's "brain".  In my testing I replicate conditions frequently to test the alerting profiles and notification policies, so this is an issue.  How can I reset the baseline of a single entity that I am using as a test entity?

Dynatrace version: 1.242.190.20220602-182604

6 REPLIES 6

AlexOsbourn
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

To reset the baseline for an individual service, go to the service, click on the "..." button to the left of the service name, click on "Settings," select "Anomaly detection" in the settings menu, scroll down to the bottom to the section labelled "Reference period," and click on "Reset.

Doing that will trigger Dynatrace to reset the baseline and begin creating a new one.

AlexOsbourn_1-1656598483743.png

Larry_S
Helper

So this reset is dynamic and affects all the baselines of all the monitored devices? If so, that is really not a great solution, for us.  I just want to have a single "test" device's baseline reset.

That process I described is to only reset the baseline for a specific service. This should only affect the entity for the settings you are looking at. Take a look at the menu bar at the top of my snapshot to see the breadcrumbs of window I'm looking at. Should clear up some confusion:

AlexOsbourn_0-1656600431355.png

It appears, as we are using Dynatrace ActiveGate with the MQSeries extension, that this configuration option does not apply to our configuration.

Larry_S
Helper

Oh, ok.  I guess that I do not have that access to the environment, at that level to see this.  I will sound this off of my company's Dynatrace team.

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Yes! you raise a request to support for getting this access provided by DT support team, or your company's team would be able to raise the request with us.

KG

Featured Posts