cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add OneAgent to Azure Linux web app Service running code directly from a ZIP package

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi guys,

Prospect deploy their node.js code from zip package on Linux web app. 

There is no startup command (pm2....) that we can hook on the OA download and set the LD_PRELOAD (link).

We see in the web app log that its use docker run to start the application but there is no deploy command that we can add the OneAgent (link) with.

Any suggestion how to add OA in this case

Thanks for any input

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel
3 REPLIES 3

g_kat
Helper

Hi Yosi,

Maybe you could try setting LD_PRELOAD as an environment variable in the App Service level with the value of /opt/dynatrace/oneagent/agent/lib64/liboneagentproc.so. This is where the installer places the library to be loaded. Then, in the custom startup script add a command to restart the node.js server and see if the OA gets picked up.

Regards,

George

Hi @g_kat 

We have tried that with no success 🤔

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks in advance 

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hi Yosi,

I don't have any other ideas besides that.

I guess you can SSH into the App and check whether the wrapper is downloaded correctly, this will confirm that the startup script works at least, since I have found the App logs insufficient at best.

Regards,

George

Featured Posts