Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Take the Chef Challenge! β€ŒπŸ‘¨β€πŸ³β€Œ

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

Welcome back in the new Community challenge! :dynatrace:

Special "Community chef" badgeSpecial "Community chef" badgeLast month, you shared an incredible number of experiences with the Dynatrace platform, showing how many great memories you have! This time we’d like to change the topic completely and get back to the basics πŸ²

Tell us something about the food you love the most! Let’s explore dishes which are your top ones or simply the most extraordinary food which lets you enjoy a moment. Maybe you cook some dishes with your colleagues at work? Pictures, recipes, memories… πŸ₯˜

The form is flexible! Every participant gets 100 bonus points, a dedicated "Community chef" badge, and a timeless recognition. Your insights might be helpful for future visitors – food lovers of this forum! Even if you spend a lot of time on the Community sometimes it's good to take a break and eat something good πŸ˜‰

Looking forward to your answers, let’s create our unique Community cookbook! πŸ‘©β€πŸ³

67 REPLIES 67

I have a memorable experience myself, I once tried to go with "a little spicy" when I was asked how I'd like my food cooked....where I should have said "mild". I ended up leaving the restaurant with a bloody nose 😁.

@KarolinaL It will be 7 out of 10 Spicy, 

I will recommend try Hyderabadi Biriyani Dish, This will be very very spicy(10/10 Spicy).

Hence I am vegetarian, I haven't had any time. 

Hi @KarolinaL,

Bisibele bath in India is one of the best dishes you can eat in southern part. It is cooked with rice and vegetables blended together with perfect spices. It is spicy and when you eat especially when it is hot, it is so yummy that mouth can't stop eating once you start.  

Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.

Shirai
Helper

There are many delicious dishes in Japan, so I will participate in this challenge. "Ramen", "Yakiniku", "Sushi". It is popular not only with Japanese people but also with foreign tourists visiting Japan.

Shirai_1-1647938393399.png

Yummy πŸ˜‹  
Original, Japanese sushi tastes probably awesome πŸ˜

Behind every technology, there is a human.

PedroDeodato
Advisor

Well, I do have A LOT of good memories of food... but the vast majority is about me eating, not properly cooking πŸ™‚

I'm the worst person around the kitchen, however... I do feel rather confident when it comes to the backyard!

I can't manage to get anything to taste good if is on the oven or on the stove... my business is playing with fire πŸ”₯

Everything tastes better above a hot, glowing flame of goodness! πŸ˜„

I do not have many pictures of it, as it can get rather messy (especially, when moving coal around), but this one from last December made it:

Image from iOS.jpg

Besides the spicy chorizo, there's six portions of "Secretos de Porco Preto" (literally translated, it means "Black Pig's Secrets" 🀣).

Black Pig is a species that we have a lot here in Portugal, very tasty, and "Secretos" is a portion of meat located below the surface fat, on the back side of the pig.

As you can see, a very fatty meat, very greasy, so... very tasty πŸ˜„ 

As I said, I'm not a chef, so the seasoning is only composed of salt sprinkled above the meat, right after putting it on the grill!

The fire should not be very high, to avoid burning the very end of the surface fat, wasting it.

A low fire also helps to avoid drying out the meat, making eat hard and tasteless.

I enjoy cooking outside with fire a lot, specially in a party occasion, having friends over!

It does require some work to maintain the proper fire, but that's the challenge of it, right? πŸ™‚

Best regards, Pedro Deodato

Hooot challenge πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
And a looot of meat in this picture! 

kurt_aigner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

The latest (only?) thing I ever cooked for my colleagues , was mulled wine last Christmas.
Although I agree that it isn't food, it took me couple of integrations (, evenings & bottles) to optimize the recipe πŸΎπŸ·πŸ™ƒ
IMG_20211211_172123_9 (Medium).jpgIMG_20211211_174638_2_2 (Medium).jpg

100% MasterChef πŸ” πŸ˜… πŸ·

Kenneth_Gillett
DynaMight Helper
DynaMight Helper

I love to smoke food.  β€ƒSmoked wings and smoked bacon wrapped oreos were delicious!  

IMG-8060.jpg

 

oreos.jpg

Dynatrace Certified Professional

Wooow, oreo in bacon? "Fusion kitchen" :star_struck: 

ViniciusR
Participant

What a beautiful question, I'm already hungry after a full day of dynatrace.

I'm Brazilian, you know, here we have 2 main dishes, which my mother makes wonderfully.

- 1st Barbecue (Anyway)

- 2nd Feijoada (Black beans, farofa, pepper, cracklings and steak)

I love to cook and I prefer risottos and a coca-cola mouth.

obs.: I'm crazy about a Dynatrace t-shirt!!! yes hehehehehehe

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Feijoada is going to win as the most cited dish 🀣🀣🀣

Antonio Sousa

Has no way.... Too good.

MarkKaplan
Dynatrace Advocate
Dynatrace Advocate

When I was growing up, my grandmother made a cornflake crumb chicken dish. She would coat the chicken in olive oil, then roll them in a cornflake and spice mixture. Bake at 350 for an hour or so. It always reminds me of her.

Lovely! πŸ€— πŸ˜
and tasty πŸ˜‹

gerald_
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I'm in love with Italian food. I hardly cook anything else besides Italian dishes. One of my very favourites is Spaghetti Poveri. It's pretty basic and simple but tastes super-delicious. It comprises of onions, garlic, anchovies, capers, olives, and roasted breadcrumbs instead of cheese because poor people couldn't afford cheese.

Spaghetti PoveriSpaghetti Poveri

Yummy! 
And olives... πŸ˜ for me they are gold nuggets surrounded in olive oil.. πŸ˜‹

There is nothing like the Mediterranean cousine.... And, of course, olive oil is the essence of it! BTW, it's very interesting how the gold liquid is made!

Antonio Sousa

DanielS
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro
As an Italian descendant I love Spaghetti-
This is the original recipe of my Italian grandma adapted for the modern machines.
I share the recipe and process.
You need 300gr. of 0000 flour for ~ 3/4 people.
Add 1 egg and 5 egg yolks. 1 olive oil tablespoon. And Salt. (I double the quantities in my pictures because I cook for 6)
Mix ( speed 1 in the beginning and then set to 2) until you get an NON Sticky dough. You can add water if you need to but I recommend to do this using a syringe. If you add water give time to the mixer because you can add more than you need and there’s no way back for this.
When you get the dough (~1 Kg for me or half using the base measure I provide) you can split into smaller ones. And with the help of a rolling pin you are ready for the pasta roller.
I start in 1 and then I go with the number 3 of thickness, for the speed I use number 2. Optional TIP I bend the borders to have a more easy-2-cut pasta. Look the pictures for how long you get the pasta. The pasta rack it’s a MUST. You need it to let the pasta dry at ambience temperature. Let it dry from 15 to 30 minutes if you added water maybe a little longer. Touch it to test it.
Ok. Now you’re ready. Boiling water and after 5’ when it’s in top. You are ready.
Optional TIP. You can add cherry or basil from your homemade vegetable mini farm. I use also capers.
And voilΓ . You have happy Dynatrace customers.
The whole process took me 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Enjoy.
The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Looks amazing! And it probably tastes delicious too! πŸ˜‹
Thank's for sharing the whole process! :star_struck:
BTW, I didn't know there is such a thing as a pasta rack! πŸ˜ƒ

The best one I know about Spaghetti is the Spaghetti Tree, revealed to the BBC viewers, 65 years and 2 days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVo_wkxH9dU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEqp0x6ajGE
🀣🀣🀣

Antonio Sousa

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚Very funny, the pasta rack is like the Bonsai version of the Spaghetti Tree! 

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

πŸ˜… πŸ˜‚ πŸ€£ 

michaelwinkler
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

My first ever dish cooked was a pizza at age 12. With dough from scratch. From there I was hooked on cooking. I donβ€˜t even have a favorite cuisine - doesnβ€˜t matter if itβ€˜s Indian, Japanese, French, Mexican… as long as itβ€˜s savory, tasty and satisfies my foodie soul. 

What Iβ€˜ve been focusing on though in the last years was getting my pitmaster bbq game on. Including buying half a pure breed wagyu ox a few weeks back… 

Michael

Cooking / bbq breed wagyu it's like shaping diamonds - one mistake can cost a lot. πŸ˜‰

techean
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Cooking is one of my passion, I would want Dyantrace to organize a virtual meet event for couple of hour where participants may a dish in their kitchen on live teams or zoom meets. Looking forward for it, meanwhile here is one recipe to try out at home which are simple to cook but makes among the top list in my favorite food.

1) Barbeque chicken Indian style

Ingredients -

a) 500 g Chicken drumstick & wings

b) 50 g Yogurt

c) 4 tea spoon Red chilly powder (Need more spicy, its your call)

d) 2 tea spoon coriander powder

e) 2 tea spoon Turmeric powder

f) 1 lemon juice

g) Finely chopped coriander and mint leaves ( Enough to cover the chicken with green color)

h) 1/2 spoon Mix spice masala

i) Salt as per taste

Steps - 

a) Clean all chicken thoroughly

b) Mix all above ingredients in a bowl

c) Allow it to marinate overnight 

d) Hurray just barbeque it with some olive oil on any air fryer. Make sure you flip the chicken every 5 mins until cooked juicy soft.

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-10 at 10.57.16 AM.jpeg

KG

yummy! A lot of species πŸ”₯ and a lot of tastes. πŸ˜‹