Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Take the Landscape Challenge! πŸŒ…

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

Hello Community! :dynaspin:

September serves as a good time to be a bit nostalgic, diving deeply to the most unique memories - not only the recent, summer ones! As a throwback, recollect now some amazing landscapes you have in your mind. Beaches or mountains, lakes or seas, sunrises on sunsets, views from skyscrapers or tiny cottages, with your beloved family members or alone, while travelling or during business trip - anything! πŸ’‘

Special "Adventurer" badgeSpecial "Adventurer" badgeHave you taken pictures of these landscapes? Share them in the comments below, no matter if taken by camera or smartphone. Dynatrace Community is stunningly global - let’s show how do you derive from this aspect when you’re not home!

Authors of all exciting pictures will get special, dedicated badge expressing your adventurous nature. Taking the challenge is giving you some bonus 100 points as well! What’s more - who knows - maybe you’ll inspire community members to explore some new, extraordinary travel destinations? βœˆοΈ

Let me start with my recent shoot, capturing stunning sunset on Turkish Riviera!

tempImagepGSggv-2.jpg

Looking forward your pictures! 

52 REPLIES 52

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

The photos I made that I like most are definitely from Thailand. But I couldn't decide for Landscape or cityscape, so one of each.

Sunset at Noppharat Thara Beach:

beach.jpg

Thunderstorm in Bangkok:

Bangkok.jpg

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

+1 for the cityscape!

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Fantastic views, indeed hard to pick the best one!

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Polish sea beaches are also beautiful! Especially when they are empty πŸ˜‰

IMG_5340.jpeg

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Agree! Below, my last week's view during the morning run, with a rising sun: 

good_morning_running.jpg

Slightly different from the Portuguese beaches which also stole my heart β€οΈ

algarve.jpg

For the cityscape, I'll go with Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia, separated by the Duero river! πŸ‡΅πŸ‡Ή

porto.jpg

Keep calm and build Community!

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Great idea !!!

Here is my favorite landscape πŸ“· from Glacier park MT  :hands_in_air: Glicer NP.JPG 

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Great view, North American national parks have definitely some kind of unique, unforgettable atmosphere, hope I'll be able to extend my visit list to this place!

Oh fab! I thought at start it's from my beloved Yosemite NP. I have to visit Glacier as well, then.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Probably some of the best landscapes I've seen are in the island of Madeira, in the Atlantic Ocean. Gone through my photos, and have selected the following:
Somewhere in Madeira...Somewhere in Madeira...

Antonio Sousa

Heard much about stunning views of this famous diamond in Portuguese crown, this is a really good example!

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Here are some of the photos I took while visiting Svalbard in the arctic circle. I highly recommend visiting Spitsbergen for every hiking lover. It's really a wilderness - don't forget to take a shotgun for protection😁

dsc03119.jpgdsc02836.jpgdsc02974.jpg

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Any close encounter?

Antonio Sousa

Polar bears are common and they aren't friendly. We were lucky not to meet them. On the other side, the arctic fox is adorable.

Woooooo ! That's unique! And doesn't look that much cold!

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

It was July, Sun was shining non-stop 24 hours a day. Not very cold, probably lowest of 5 degrees celsius.

Wow, one of the most distant places human can reach! Even more impressive you were lucky enough to experience polar day personally β€ŒπŸŒ…β€Œ

Mo_Azuz
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

I love this challenge and I am really tempted and will try not to spam the post 😁. Here are a few shots I have taken during my travels.

Tahquamenon Falls, Michigan.

tahquamenon-falls-MI.jpg

Twin Peaks, California.

twin-peaks-SF.jpg

The Gateway Arch, Missouri.

The-Gateway-Arch-MO.jpg

Woooooooow!!!! Beautiful views! If you call it "spam", I'm all for it πŸ˜„

Thank you! 😁 Here is behind the scenes photo, BEWARE to fully cover up/use lots of bug spray if you ever decide to visit this place. The mosquitos are on steroids. I had to wear a hat with a net to protect my face.

tahquamenon-falls-MI-behind-the-scene.jpg

Here are two more panoramic shots, multiple photos put together to create one view of Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.

Golden-Gate-SF.jpg

The National Mall (Washington Monument on the left. Thomas Jefferson Memorial on the right) , Washington D.C..

Image from iOS (21).jpg

So much iconic landscapes from inspiring perspective, you're a true explorer, Moe!

Thanks Michal!!

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

National Arboretum - Washington DC

National Arboretum - Washington DCNational Arboretum - Washington DC

National Arboretum - Washington DCNational Arboretum - Washington DC

National Arboretum - Washington DCNational Arboretum - Washington DCNational Arboretum - Washington DCNational Arboretum - Washington DC

Always love going there and smelling all the plants blooming, relaxing in the grass. 

Hoping for Perform 2022Hoping for Perform 2022

-Chad

Vegas in daylight... Not so obvious shot of this unforgettable place, great to see it! πŸ˜Ž

Good news, @ChadTurner! The registration for Perform is open! :dynaspin:

Yes, it's going to be in Vegas!!!! πŸ˜ƒ

AWESOME!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!! :dancing_penguin::clap::full_stack_baby::andy:

-Chad

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

One of my favorite places and story has to be about Heart Island (Boldt Castle) on the border of NY and Canada, in Alexandrea Bay, home of the 1,000 Islands! (Yes, that's where the salad dressing originated from)

Heart Island - Boldt CastleHeart Island - Boldt Castle

Heart Island was purchased by an immigrant (Georg Karl Boldt from Prussia) who rose the ranks in NYC and became very wealthy. Though his wealth was great, his love for his Wife (Louise Augusta Kehrer) was even greater.  

Georg purchased Heart Island and began construction on a what would be a birthday present for his Wife. Just prior to Louise's birthday she passed away. Broken hearted, Georg telegraphed a letter to the constructions crews to drop their tools and leave the Island immediately. Georg would never return to the property again. The Castle was 97% complete by the time of Louise's passing. The property remained abandoned for years and slowly dilapidated from the elements until it was officially acquired by the thousand Island Bridge Authority with two stipulations. First, since Louise never got to spend the night let alone see the Castle, nor shall anyone spend the night at Boldt Castle. Lastly, the Castle will never be completed more then the 97% that it was when Louise died.

Such a heart breaking story, but there are also comical parts to Boldt Castle. Georg Boldt also constructed a place for his Mother in-law to stay. Not being too fond of his Mother in-law, he constructed her own house next to the Island. 

Georg was fully aware that Louise's mother was very prone to sleep walking. So he ensured plenty of windows and door for her to exit her residence from:

Mother In-Law Suite - Boldt CastleMother In-Law Suite - Boldt Castle

If you look at the first picture you can see the little house surrounded by water just past Boldt Castle. In the rainy season the house has water right up to the doors! 

-Chad

DanielS
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Iguazu.Falls.JPG

I share the IguazΓΊ Falls, north of my country, Argentina.

The name IguazΓΊ comes from the Guarani words "i" meaning "water", and "Γ»asΓΊ " meaning "big". Legend has it that a deity planned to marry a beautiful woman named NaipΓ­, who fled with her mortal lover TarobΓ‘ in a canoe. In a rage, the deity sliced the river, creating the waterfalls and condemning the lovers to an eternal fall.

And from the South

The_Lighthouse_at_the_End_of_the_World.JPG

The lighthouse who inspired Jules Verne to write the famous  "The Lighthouse at the End of the World"

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

We have a balance! After seeing in this thread pictures from northern corner of the world in Spitsbergen, now we got a southern one as well, great views Daniel!

🌍Planet Earth is 🌎truly beatiful 🌏

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Wow, lots of really stunning and beautiful pictures! 

Kudos to all who have already posted! 

And i must say it's really hard! I could spent hours going through our photos...

Picked some from tenerife, corsica, sri lanka, austria ... try to find out which is which ;). 

20190912_111540.jpg

 

PANO_20170208_061236.jpg 

20180907_133006.jpg

20180910_111559.jpg 

PANO_20170210_112038 (1).jpeg

IMG_3285.jpeg

 

 

@zietho Interesting challenge! My ideas below:

Corsica
Sri Lanka
Canarias/Tenerife
Canarias? Madeira?
Austria
Austria

Antonio Sousa

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

close! 

Corsica
Sri Lanka
Tenerife

Tenerife
Sri Linka 
Austria

Challenge inception, great idea Zietho πŸ˜„ Thank you for sharing your pictures, really quality selection!

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Am I still in time to join?

Took those photos when traveling to Chile in 2015. It was a road trip I made riding a Triumph Tiger 800 from Brazil, 8000km in total.

This was taken on Antofagasta, Pacific Ocean.

IMG_0038.JPG

All those below were on Atacama Desert.
IMG_0030 (2).JPGIMG_0213.JPGIMG_0220.JPGIMG_0307.JPG

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Of course it's not too late, especially for sharing another pack of so inspiring views from distant places πŸ˜„ It's really impressing to read your trip background, sounds like a journey of life!

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

impressive!

jaroslaw_orlows
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Another one late to the game. Took some nice landscape pics this summer, but these ones are special. I got myself a camera modified for IR and took a bike ride around Gdansk to test it out. All pics taken in the IR wavelength, so don't get fooled by the whites πŸ™‚ DSC_0030.jpgDSC_0035.jpgDSC_0053.jpgDSC_0083.jpgDSC_0085.jpgDSC_0097.jpg

Looks so familiar and so different in the same time, thanks for your captures of Gdansk!

Beautiful pictures! 😍 you are very talented @jaroslaw_orlows!

⭐ When passion meets people magic and innovation happen. ⭐

brennan_muir
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

Hopefully it's not too late, but here's some from California and Michigan

IMG_7135.jpeg

 

IMG_1277.jpegIMG_0279.jpegIMG_2124.jpeg
IMG_0375.jpeg167FE4066F90685AB0B786E86D9B2138.jpg

 

IMG_0894.jpeg

     

hi @brennan_muir, it's never too late! πŸ™‚ beautiful views!

Ingo_Hackl
Inactive

I wanted to add some pictures from Austria. And also one from a winter landscape since everybody seems to prefer summer.

Bild 011.jpgIMAG1445.jpgIMAG0624.jpgBild 007.jpgIMAG1922.jpg

Austrian Alps in the winter! πŸ’™β›·β›·β›·

Stunning views, great to see some winter shots here as well!

Lovely shots, they are crystal clear, what camera are you using?

theharithsa
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Here are some of the photos from the south side of India. 
These definitely looks beautiful than what it is captured here coz beauty of nature is unexplainable. 

13775427754_e014a9d379_k.jpg

13775107435_db30445fb8_k.jpg

16267563376_f617177bab_k.jpg

16765046534_986d8e50b9_k.jpg

    

Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.

Fantastic landscapes! So pleasant to see this kind of views on rainy, cold morning here in Gdansk πŸ˜Ž

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Beautiful photos from all over the world, I love this thread!! πŸ˜

So I am a few months late, but I thought hey, let me share some of my fav cityscapes and landscapes with ya'll anyway!

Rock City often gets a bad rap, but I L❀️VED walking around doing some urbex photography!

Detroit station.jpg

I will always cherish my memories of this trip to the home of Dynatrace! πŸ’

Linz Street.jpg

I think this was the most breathtaking sunrise I've ever seen...maybe because I'm not a morning person! πŸ€£

Yellow Sands sunset.jpg

...and lastly, one of my favourite regions in South Africa: the Overberg.

My sis-in-law lives in Swellendam with her family and we visited them in August when the canola fields were in full bloom πŸŒ»

Canola fields.jpg

Awesome! πŸ”
And this sunrise... oh! jaw-dropping experience! My favorite! πŸ˜

⭐ When passion meets people magic and innovation happen. ⭐

Unexpected package of another great views, nice to start a day with them! πŸŒ‡

Shirai
Helper

IMG_1136.JPG

T.Shirai IIM Corp. Osaka Japan

Great! Where did you capture this view, except it's surely somewhere in Far East? πŸ˜Š

Featured Posts