cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change permissions of /mnt/host_root/opt directory to u+rwx,g+rx,o+rx - Docker oneagent deploy issue

Alan_Aguinaga
Newcomer

Hi guys I need some help. I'm trying to install OneAgent as a docker container on my physical host (ubuntu 20.4) and it gets pretty difficult to get it done. 

My "docker run" command is formatted as below: 

docker run -d --restart=unless-stopped --privileged=true --pid=host --net host --name=oneagent -v /:/mnt/root -e ONEAGENT_INSTALLER_SCRIPT_URL="https://.live.dynatrace.com/api/v1/deployment/installer/agent/unix/default/latest?arch=x86&flavor=default" -e ONEAGENT_INSTALLER_DOWNLOAD_TOKEN=<mytoken> dynatrace/oneagent oneagent APP_LOG_CONTENT_ACCESS=1

output is: 
Started agent deployment as a container, PID 978125.
Downloading agent to /tmp/Dynatrace-OneAgent-Linux.sh via https://.live.dynatrace.com/api/v1/deployment/installer/agent/unix/default/latest?arch=x86&flavor=default
Download complete
Warning: Cannot change permissions of /mnt/host_root/opt directory to u+rwx,g+rx,o+rx.
Warning: Cannot create /mnt/host_root/opt/dynatrace/oneagent directory.
mv: cannot move '/tmp/Dynatrace-OneAgent-Linux.sh' to '/mnt/host_root/opt/dynatrace/oneagent/Dynatrace-OneAgent-Linux.sh': No such file or directory

Why am I getting this permission error? I supposed docker daemon runs as a root privileges. 

I ran other older images too and got same problem. 

I do it on a virtual machine and get no error, but it does not solve my problem. I don't know how to solve that.

Any help, please? 

2 REPLIES 2

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Alan!

Welcome to the Dynatrace Community! I hope you'll get help from the Dynatrace experts soon.

I just wanted to let you know that I removed the environment ID from your post, following the Community guidelines not to post sensitive data.

Best regards,

Karolina Linda

Dynatrace Senior Community Manager

Keep calm and build Community!

Alan_Aguinaga
Newcomer

It was strange but docker permission gave me the problem. I removed docker from my system and reinstalled again and that annoying problem asking for sudo to run docker can be solved doing that:

• sudo usermod -a -G docker $USER 

But I don't know if first persistent running oneagent container was doing the problem.

Here my steps: 

• stopped oneagent container
  • I wiped out docker
  • reinstalled docker again
  • Remove all images and containers
  • I do not add my user to docker group yet
  • I ran docker oneagent install just using sudo

Now I can have it running ok. 

Featured Posts