Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard that shows services data per host

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi guys,

Prospect raises a need to show all services data (response time, Failure rate, CPU, Throughput) that are running on a single machine in one dashboard.

Prospect says that in this way he can see if there are services (rather than processes) that cause the host hard time.

Is there a way to set a dashboard for that or any intention to build this kind of dashboard?

Yos @Gil G.

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel
7 REPLIES 7

hayden_miedema
Inactive

Hi Yos,

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, I believe this is available today with Dynatrace's dashboarding capabilities paired with tagging. If you create a tag for all services on the host in which the client is interested, you can then use that tag in custom charts, as well as a services tile.

Here is how to build a custom chart: https://help.dynatrace.com/monitoring-insights/das...

You can then apply tags to that to filter to the exact services you'd like.

Hope this helps,

Hayden

Hi Hayden,

First thanks for your answer.

we thought about taging but.... in this case prospect got around 500 services running on one jvm. So prospect is willing to see in one dashboard which of the 500 services is causing the server/jvm a cpu/memory/failure rate/throughput issue.

not sure that taging in this case and then charting each of the 500 services will help 😞

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

So the problem is, that the customer cannot chart 500 services on one chart or what? Splitting up the services on multiple charts? Or is the max. metric limit the problem? Please be more specific, thanks.

Hi Thorsten,

First of all there is no problem.

We just want to find the right way to answer prospect challenge with how he can find out which service out of his 500 that are running on one single process, consume the most of cpu, throughput, failures, memeory.

We can see this functionality in builtin process dashboard and prospect ask if there is a way to build this kind of dashboard for services.

Hope I was able to explain the need now.

Yos

OK, maybe I still don't understand the problem, but I can chart the following:

Custom charting:

In the service overview the third button in the filter panel:

Memory is not available. Is this what you want to achieve?

Thorsten

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi Thorsten,

We have already showed prospect this services chart but they said that their services (500!) are running on one process over 5 host and from this chart of services they can't understand which service on what server is causing their problem (i.e. traffic,cpu,memory,failure rate....) nor to drill down to it.

Actually what they are looking for is extend to the provided services data under process dashboard with the data of traffic,cpu,memory,failure rate, something like the follow screenshot

They got 500 services on their process not 2 🙂

Yos

michael_kopp
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Featured Posts