cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace Chrome plugin and Selenium webdriver

antonio_castro
Participant

Has anyone been able to enable and configure the Dynatrace Chrome extension when running Chrome via Selenium webdriver? Currently I'm able to enable the extension via ChromeOptions and also via a custom user-data-dir but the url to fetch the Dynatrace configuration is never saved after the test run is complete. Is there a way to preset the url?

2 REPLIES 2

Philipp_Kastner
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi @Tony C.,

You can preset the url via an extension policy. See https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/r... for details. I think there should be a way to do this in combination with selenium as well. (Never tried though)

May I ask what's your use case for driving the RUM browser extension via selenium?

Kind regards, Philipp

antonio_castro
Participant

Hi Phillip,

My long term implementation will utilize the extension policy as suggested. We have an existing set of .NET tests that has a framework built on top of Selenium so we were looking to use those to baseline and test a network upgrade we're doing. I was able to get it working by unpacking the extension and defaulting the url in the globalConfig (definitely temporary). We just activated our subscription so I will try manually setting the extension policy on the actual test devices we're going to use.

Thanks,

Tony

Featured Posts