Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle insights and the lost metric splittings

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello,

Where all all the metrics from oracle insights? I can find them in the GUI but not in the metric list.

I like to to some simple things like plot single query;s response time etc. 

KR Henk

7 REPLIES 7

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @henk_stobbe 

All the Oracle-native metrics fetched by Oracle database insights are available for custom charts.

Please have a look at the below link for more insight.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/databases/database-insights/

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

Thx for your reply, you are correct, but to go a step further the splitting is only per "custom device", so I assume that splittings per query (as an example) can not be done?

KR Henk

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

The part that you are familiar with is in Tecnologies on the left-side menu, then the "Oracle Database" tile, then the "Oracle Database" group that has a "DB Insignts" in the Source column. You click the associated Oracle database/device and it should take you to a page similar to:

AntonioSousa_0-1624201272066.png

Regarding metrics, they are also available, and do serve for some neat dashboards. In Custom charts, select Technologies, and then "Oracle", and you will get the list:

AntonioSousa_1-1624201528219.png

In Metrics, it's more or less the same, just filter by Oracle:

AntonioSousa_2-1624201621629.png

Antonio Sousa

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for your reply, same question/remark as above (-; The splitting are not available per query )-;

KR Henk 

Not sure what you mean by splitting by query? I split by custom device, which in my case splits by Oracle RAC instance.

Antonio Sousa

Hello Antonio,

I would like to split up and filter by statement, 

henk_stobbe_0-1624289192256.png

henk_stobbe_1-1624289231231.png

I know the info is available (-;

KR HEnk

Gotta it. It would be nice, very nice to see that in a graph, and maybe even in a Dashboard, splitted/filtered by the sqlid. Unfortunately, that's not available... If you put in an RFE, let us know here, so we can upvote it...

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts