cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Environment Problem Management

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

We run Dynatrace as a service to support multiple IT departments in our organization.  We still though have a centralized Operation team.

Has anyone found a way to easily monitor Problems across multiple Dynatrace Environments (all under one account) on a single pane?

HigherEd
3 REPLIES 3

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Have you tried to get the Problems from all the environments using API and displaying them into an external Dashboarding system, such as Grafana or Splunk?

You can use Management Zones/Tags to use as filters by env/orgs/teams and split them on the dashboards.

I guess that may helps on this case.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

I was hoping more for a native solution DT would have come up with but I think your suggestion is my only option at the moment.  I'm really good with the DT APIs and I run multiple instances of Influxdb/Grafana but I'm really bad at the process of loading the data into influxDB. 

I'll have to sit down and i guess really focus on figuring out the queries. 

Thanks for the advice.

HigherEd

The idea is to parse the API json results and insert them into your DB. I do use python for parsing and inserting into a Postgres DB, works almost well. 

Having an official solution, of course, would be better. But I guess, that's why Dynatrace does provide us all those APIs, to fill the gaps.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Featured Posts