cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can this generic exception means?

Or any idea how can we go about troubleshooting further? I came across a number of customers where the HTTP 5xx error is boil-down to this message, which seems to quite generic according to what I google at least.

Best Regards,

Wai Keat

3 REPLIES 3

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Can you drill down into the purepath that contains this error, maybe you will see the request and or code that caused the error.

-Chad

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

A lot of HTTP/500 won't have anything more in Java.

But I would try the purepath route, as Chad said: on the top right of your page , click the Purepath icon,

When you see the Errors tab in the Purepath, see if there are other nested exceptions. Beware that you might have other exceptions not related to the 500 error though:

Antonio Sousa

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Sometimes you get more details on the Error tab of the PurePaths because the HttpServletResponse.setStatus() call is made is set based on an earlier exception, but other times, the code is simply setting the status based on some logic. In those cases, I don't believe there is much else you can get other than looking at the Code tab to see if you can determine what might have caused it, or checking logs for clues.

Featured Posts