Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domains found in default application show transferred to "other application"

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello,

Looking in my default application, it shows Domains that included the message "transferred to"  and then it shows the correct application.

This means that I have applications/useractions in both correct and the default application

What could be happening here?

KR Henk

13 REPLIES 13

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

The point is that the domains/URLs have already been transferred to the new application, however, for the time when they belonged to the Default Application the data will have been visible in it. The new data after the transfer, is already in the target application.

Radek

Have a nice day!

Hello Radek,

Very good answer, but it looks they never leave default. It looks like they hang in there forever, they are stuck in default with tranfered to .....

I suppose that is not good )-;

KR Henk

Hi Henk 🙂

If you change the time range on Timeframe Selector to when the domains were already assigned to the correct application, this information should disappear.

Radek

Have a nice day!

Hello Radek,

Getting deeper and deeper into trouble, apps were defined long time ago, but stay in default even in the 5 min Time frame...

I guess it is time for a ticket 😀

KR Henk

And the data for them is still visible in Default Application?

Have a nice day!

FYI Yes:

henk_stobbe_0-1697716984424.png

This looks like a bug, because if you do the 'Transfer' option to a new application, the data should start collecting at the destination.

Have you tried manually defining the application from the settings tab?
https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/platform-modules/digital-experience/web-applications/initial-...

Have a nice day!

Hi,

That wizard to transfer data is creating a new application rule behind scenes.

You can try to check which application detection rule is mathing your domain/url here.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Borh,

Thanks for your hints and advise, created rule is perfect. We tested this on an other enviroment and there the "transfered to" and application(s) were removed from the source.

I agree, it must be a bug. I have create a ticket for Dynatrace and will let you know the outcome!

Thanks for your help.

KR Henk

Super Henk! Have a nice day!

Have a nice day!

Kor01
Helper

I've seen this issue when a CDN or a proxy/service mesh are involved.

The rule the transfer tool creates only uses the domain name as it appears in the UI in the default app, typically the public DNS name (ex: myapp.com). However, if your app is behind a CDN or a envoy proxy, the public DNS name may not match where the data is served behind those resources (it might be coming from backend.my-backend-domain.com). So the rule never matches and it still "falls through" to the default application. The fix is creating an application detection rule to match the backend domain name with the desired Application.

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Great tip, I will dubble check this tomorrow!

Thx Henk

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

My walk of shame...

To put it simple, there were no requests for the Domain in the detection rule,from oneAgent perspective. So all "transferd to" wiere stuck there forever waiting for the fist request.

Thanks to Adam (dynatrace support)->

Check the user actions in the Default app -> get the web requests visible in the waterfall -> goto the transaction trace -> look in the request headers.

In my case there was a DMZ messing things up )-:

I still do not know how I missed that,

KR Henk

Featured Posts