I am working on opportunity for a airport where trying to deploy Dynatrace RUM browser extension for chrome.
What I had done so far
1) Install the Dynatrace RUM browser extension manually as workstation can't access to chrome store - Done
2) Request to allow the workstation to reach Dynatrace Saas/Cloud via proxy - Done as the chrome Dynatrace RUM browser extension is ableto connect to Application defined in the Saas tenant
However, when the workstation with the Dynatrace RUM browser extension installed going using chrome to hit the website to be monitor, the Dynatrace RUM browser extension icon is gray out and no user session data are reported back to the Saas tenant.
I did try from my own workstation and it works.
Hence, could someone kind enough to provide guidance on how should I debug ?
I believe that the process you have taken to set this up is missing some crucial aspects. Please follow the following steps I found from this link and try again. If the problem still persists, please report back.
To set up the RUM browser extension
1 - Select Deploy Dynatrace from the navigation menu.
2 - Click the Monitor via browser extension button in the "No access to your host?" section.
3 - Click the Set up monitoring button.
4 - Install the Dynatrace browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
Applications successfully connected
5 - Switch back to Dynatrace and type a Name for your application.
7 - Click Create application.
8 - Open the extension again and click the Connect applications button to ensure that you've loaded the latest configuration.
15 May 2019 07:23 PM - last edited on 24 Mar 2021 06:08 AM by MaciejNeumann
The issue that my client is facing is that RUM browser ext. is able to connect to the Saas env as shown below. However, visiting the configured web page, the Dynatrace icon is still gray out. As mention, I suspect that it requires the following URLs to be accessible:
In this environment, there's a WAF between the client workstation to the Internet and every URL need to be in the include list. In any case, had to raise a RFC to add the above URL into the include list and hopefully, it works. I am asking if there's other URL that I need to aware of to raise as raising a RFC take quite a bit of time and effort.
I see your problem. I do not believe a RFE is the right approach here. If you believe you have followed the steps correctly and it is still not working then you should open a support ticket which you can do here.Please provide them with as much information as possible, such as a link to this post and your tennant URL.
I hope this gets resolved for you.