cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorder doesn't open and playback doesn't work from a browser monitor

erh_inetum
Advisor

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Browser Clickpath Synthetic Monitor and playback one without success.

Dynatrace Synthetic Recorder extension is installed on Chrome, Incognito mode enabled and all sites allowed. But when I click on playback button to reproduce one that is created the reproduction doesn´t start. And when I try to create one only the first step is recorded. I've checked my user has the right permissions to record a browser clickpath. And it doesn´t work in any tenant in my computer; I mean, I can´t record any browser clickpath or playback it in any tenant.

What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Elena.

5 REPLIES 5

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi Elena, 

can you open a support ticket? We're trying to work out the cause of this but have not been able to create a reproducer yet. Can you confirm the version of the Recorder extension and the version of Chrome you are using, including the minor versions? Many thanks, Hannah

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Hi Hanna,

Chrome Version: 102.0.5005.115

Dynatrace Synthetic Recorder Version: 243.1

I'll open a support ticket.

Thanks,

Elena.

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Do post the RCA once you hear it from support 😉

KG

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Yes, we now know the cause - a change in behaviour in Chrome 102, it is no longer allowing a window to open if 50% of it is out of displayed area. We are working on a fix but in the meantime, users can increase their screen resolution or change the script to use a custom resolution that is the same or smaller than their screen size. 

HannahM_0-1655282227650.png

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

An updated version of the Synthetic Recorder has been released, 243.3. This version contains a fix for this behaviour. 

Featured Posts