cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jellypuno
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Debugging and investigating the z/OS OneAgent takes time. And as a support engineer I need the OneAgent diagnostics before even starting the investigation.

So how can you help a support engineer, like me, to get the correct logs that I need for the investigation?

Here's how: 

The Dynatrace z/OS components has 3 main parts. (1) The zRemote, (2) The zLocal and (3) The zDC. All these 3 components work together and they affect each other. If the zRemote has a problem, there is a possibility that you can see the root cause of the problem in zDC/zLocal and vice versa. So the logs for these 3 components are very important.

How can you get it? There are 2 ways:

- The Manual Extraction 

You can extract the logs manually in their default location (This may depend on your configuration)

• For Linux zRemote: /var/lib/dynatrace/zremote/log
  • For Windows zRemote: C:\ProgramData\dynatrace\zremote\log
  • zLocal and zDC logs are in the z/OS USS filesystem: /sa/dt720/log

- Through the Dynatrace UI

You can run the OneAgent Diagnostics by going through the following steps:

• Go to the affected host (Hosts> Click on affected host)
  • Click on All Processes
  • Click the OneAgent zDC. You will be re-directed to a different screen
jellypuno_0-1666102203166.png

• Click on the 3 dots on the upper right
  • Click Run OneAgent Diagnostics
  • You can then start the collection of the logs by clicking Advance options > Select 7 Days and Store Locally

jellypuno_1-1666102377675.png

Watch the full process:

How to extract OA logs - no sound.gif

The zip file that you will collect contains logs from the zRemote, zDC and zLocal. Please attach it to your ticket and inform the support engineer. This will help them greatly.

Version history
Last update:
‎24 Oct 2022 01:54 PM
Updated by:
Comments
ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Great Article @jellypuno. Getting this information ahead of the support ticket will only speed up the investigation and resolution. Thanks for sharing!