cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Kiosk mode Dashboards in Dynatrace Managed

Shibu_M_Nair
Visitor

We need to configure few dashboards to be displayed on a big screen which also gets refreshed and rotated in specific intervals. Is it possible in Dynatrace Managed. Can somebody give a step by step process for this. Thanks..!

6 REPLIES 6

Omar_Fouda
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi I believe you're looking for this. There is no option to control the refresh interval though. It's calculated automatically based om the dashboard's/tile's timeframe 

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/dashboards-and-charts/dashboards/share-d...

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Great question! Now within Dynatrace you cant officially rotate dashboards in the UI. What we do is we make the dashboards as we want to see them. 3 Dashboard focusing on 2 specific applications and one as an overall of the organization. We then downloaded a Chrome plugin that allows us to cycle through tabs. So we defined the tabs as the urls to the dashboards and set them so now every 15 seconds, chrome cycles through the tabs. Chrome Extensions are great and really enhance your ability to display a collection of dashboards! 

-Chad

garryclarke
Observer

folks I'd be interested to know if there was a Dynatrace solution to this without the reliance on a browser plugin? I want to cycle through a number of dashboards on a TV screen running Microsoft Edge which is locked down and cannot install a plugin on. All I can do is display a single dashboard in the browser at present but would love to be able to rotate through a few of them.

Hi,

Dynatrace as such does not provide any solution for this as of now to the best of my knowledge. If you don't want to rely on a browser plugin, there is an alternate method by using  MS Powershell script. 

Steps:

1. Open multiple dashboards on MS Edge tabs

2. Open Windows PowerShell ISE 

3. Paste the below script in PowerShell

while(1 -eq 1){

$wshell=New-Object -ComObject wscript.shell;
$wshell.AppActivate('Microsoft Edge');
Sleep 10;
$wshell.SendKeys('^{PGDN}');
}

4. Select the entire script (Ctrl A) and click on Run Selection (F8)

5. Minimize the PowerShell window

The "Sleep 10" directive in the above script will switch the Edge tab every 10 seconds. You can tweak this as per your req.

Pls let me know if this was helpful.

Hi Shibu_M_Nair - great solution and one that works for me on my PC but unfortunately the surface Pro laptop running the TV screen is locked down and does not provide access to powershell to run the script.

Ideally a solution within the Dynatrace GUI would be best suited here.

garryclarke
Observer

New Dynatrace Environment - kiosk mode
folks,
I was never able to get to the bottom of this with the display screen equipment to my disposal being locked down etc. I was however wondering if this would now be possible as an APP in the new Dynatrace environment?
Anyone tried this before?

Featured Posts