cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

host availability by management zone

ccntech1
Visitor

I would like to add a single value visualization to my dashboard that takes the average availability of all hosts in the selected management zone.  I can create a metric in data explorer after selecting one of the hosts in the management zone but the query is very specific to the host I select.  Can this value be dynamically updated each time I change the management zone.

5 REPLIES 5

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

You can add dynamic filters to Classic Dashboard or variables to new Dashboards (Grail).

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Thanks. The dynamic filters solve for individual host metrics but I still need a query that captures avg of availability for all hosts that are part of the management group that is selected. 

If I select a host from the management group I can drill down to its availability and open in Data Explorer:

(builtin:host.availability.state:filter(eq("dt.entity.host",HOST-XXXXXXXXXXX)):auto:sort(value(sum,descending)):splitBy("availability.state")/builtin:host.availability.state:filter(eq("dt.entity.host",HOST-XXXXXXXXXXXX)):auto:sort(value(sum,descending)):splitBy()*100):setUnit(Percent)

but that is the availability specific to that host.  If my management zone had 4 hosts or 10 hosts can I get the avg availability of the hosts dynamically?

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

This is easily achievable my setting your Metric and Management Sone in the upper right hand corner. You can then apply a single value chart if so desired but it will be an aggregate of all the hosts. You can split it by hosts for a more in-depth view. 

ChadTurner_1-1712146590813.png

-Chad

You can go crazy with it by adding color overrides etc, so if its 99 - 100 its green, 95-99 yellow and less than 95 red

ChadTurner_2-1712146698191.png

-Chad

ccntech1
Visitor

totally missed the built in metrics.... thanks.

Featured Posts